Step-by-Step Instructions and Forms for Travel from the US to the World
Choose Your Destination
To fly with your pet to Hawaii, your pet needs a Health Certificate & Import Permit, Microchip, Rabies Vaccine, Rabies Titer Test, (excludes British Isles, Australia, Guam, New Zealand) and Tick Treatment. Hawaii has quarantine requirements. You pet may qualify for the 5-day or less release program.
HOW TO GET A PET PASSPORT:
- 1. Microchip is mandatory including documented inoculations,
- 2. A Rabies vaccination at least 21 days before travel,
- A Health Certificate by an accredited USDA Veterinarian,
- Submit the completed Health Certificate to APHIS for approval within 10 days of entry to destination,
- 5. This allows your pet to travel up to 4 months from the issue date.